Hidden Pond 2020 | Change is in the (fresh) Air
For the 2020 season, we are converting Hidden Pond Resort to the Hidden Pond Luxury Summer Home Rental experience. Think of your family cottage as the private summer home in Maine you’ve been dreaming about without any of the planning, prep work, maintenance or clean up. All this, within the exclusive confines of our 60-acre property with the amenities you expect from Hidden Pond.
As you know, our secluded family cottages are already the perfect places to get away from crowds in total luxury and comfort. Thanks to our new service model, you can expect total peace of mind as well.
What Does “Luxury Summer Home Rental” Mean for Me as a Guest?
You and your family will enjoy the same beautifully decorated cottages with the luxurious fixtures, private screened porches and outdoor showers you love about Hidden Pond. We have simply made a few modifications to our services and schedules with your health and safety in mind.
– In place of nightly rates, we now require a minimum reservation of 5-7 nights.
This will enable us to maintain a 50% occupancy rate at the beginning of our season in order to exceed social distancing requirements and implement our advanced sanitizing practices. Two-Bedroom Cottages require a 7 night minimum length of stay; Bungalows and Treetops require a 5 night minimum length of stay.
– We will stock your cottage for your entire stay.
- Prior to your arrival, a member of our team will reach out to you with a “Guest Request Form”. From groceries to extra towels, let us know what you need and we’ll have it waiting for you when you check in. Likewise, if there any items you’d prefer removed from your cottage (utensils, kitchen items, bedding), we will gladly do so.
- You may request additional items and fresh linens throughout your stay but in order to minimize contact with our staff, we will not be providing daily housekeeping.
* Additional charges and fees may apply for items such as beach chairs, coolers, stay enhancements, groceries, etc. There will be no additional charge for daily housekeeping drop of linens, towels and housekeeping amenities.
– Check in will be completed remotely
- We have partnered with Whistle technology so you can connect with our team virtually with minimal in-person contact. Choose your arrival time, confirm via the Whistle app and your cottage will be ready for you.
– Our Guest Services team will be available daily from 9am-5pm
- When you rent a vacation home through a service like VRBO, HomeAway or AirBnB, you’re on your own after you accept the keys from the owner or agent. That’s not how we do things at Hidden Pond. Our dedicated staff is available every day if you have questions or need help.
– On-site food and beverage service will be different
- Earth at Hidden Pond will be open 5 nights per week (Wednesday through Sunday) for dinner service only. No-contact delivery to your cottage is free of charge during Earth’s dinner hours and unique private dining experiences are available for an additional rental charge.
- Family-style “Porch Picnic” dinners are available for cottage delivery – these must be pre-ordered with at least a 24-hour notice. View our Porch Picnic Menu here.
- Special dining areas around the resort may be “reserved” for our house guests so you and your family may enjoy “Earth at Home” in a safe space beyond your cottage.
– Pet Policy
- Although we love our four-legged friends, Hidden Pond does not offer any pet-friendly accommodations.
Additional Benefits No Traditional Summer Home Rental Can Match:
- Fitness Center– The Fitness Center will be available for private sessions of one hour on a reservation-only basis.
- Serene Outdoor Spaces– Our gardens, nature trail and lawn spaces are fully available for your enjoyment.
- Reserved Parking at Goose Rocks Beach – For 2020, parking at Goose Rocks Beach is limited to Kennebunkport residents only. We have negotiated dedicated spots at The Tides Beach Club our guests’ exclusive use. You will work with the guest services team on reserving a secured space.
- Please plan to bring beach chairs from your home as they will not be available at The Tides Beach Club.
- Beach Cruiser Bicycles– During your pre-stay correspondence with our team, we will work with you to determine the right bicycles for you and your family. When you arrive at your cottage, you’ll find your bikes completely sanitized and ready to ride for the duration of your stay.
- Heated Swimming Pools Our two pools will be open for your enjoyment throughout the day. Chairs for the Adults Only Serenity Pool are grouped together to accommodate 6 or less. All furniture at the Family Friendly Pool has been removed for greater social distancing. We’ve stocked your cottage with pool towels and will replace them upon request.
- Guided Forest Therapy nature walks and hikes through Hidden Pond led Certified Forest Therapy Guide, Jeanne Christie. For more information and booking please visit Connect to Wilderness
Please don’t hesitate to call or email us if you have any questions about our new policies. We look forward to welcoming you soon to experience your very own Luxury Summer Home Rental at Hidden Pond.